Corn Cutlets (Corn Fritters)
Corn Cutlets are a mouthwatering appetizer which can be served as starters for a party or even as an evening snack. Corn Cutlets are crispy outside and soft inside. This is one of those snacks you can serve without any sauce and they taste delicious. They are also gluten free, and vegan.This recipe will make 12 cutlets.
- 2 cup yellow corn I am using frozen corn
- 1 tsp fennel seeds coarsely ground, saunf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger grated, adrak
- 1 Tbsp green chili finely chopped, hari mirch
- 1 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped, hara dhania
- 1 tsp mango powder amchoor
- 1/4 cup rice flour chawal ka atta
- oil to fry
- Defrost the corn, and pat dry. Then blend the corn to coarse paste without adding any water.
- Transfer the paste to a large mixing bowl. Add all the spices, ginger, fennel, coriander, green chili, mango powder and salt, mix it well.
- Add rice flour to the corn mixture, mix it well. Mixture should hold together, and consistency should be like a soft dough. If needed add little more rice flour.
- Wash and grease your palm lightly, divide the dough into 12 equal parts and shape the into bullets.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Oil should be moderately hot. To check the oil, drop a little piece of mixture, mixture should sizzle and come up. Drop the rolls slowly into it, taking care not to overlap them.
- Fry the cutlets until they are golden brown, turning occasionally. This should take about 6-7 minutes. Take them out over a paper towel.
Suggestions Serve them hot! If you have prepared them beforehand, heat them in a toaster oven or in oven to bring the crispness back. But they taste good even at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!