- Smita Srivastava from India created Kesariya Gulabjamun Pulao. The full recipe is listed below.
- Spoorthy Prasad from Minneapolis created a variation called Snow Ball (also listed below).
Other top contributions are also worth mentioning here. Thank you for participating:
- Menaka Seshakumar
- priya Suresh
- Vidya Lakshmi
- Keerti Prathak
- Adam Hall
- Seema Patil
- Shweta Jain
Kesariya Gulabjamun Pulao Recipe
Delicious saffron & cardamom flavored aromatic sweet rice with baby gulab jamuns and dry fruits.
Cooking time – 20 mins
Prep time – 10 mins
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 4 green cardamoms
- 12 small sized gulabjamuns (cut into quarters)
- few strands of saffron or a pinch of orange food color
- 1/2 tsp milk ( if using saffron)
- a few cashews n almonds
For garnishing- few sliced gulab jamuns & dryfruits
- Wash the rice and soak in lukewarm water for 10 mins. Drain and keep aside.
- Put 1 tsp ghee in a pan and add a pinch of sugar and let it melt ( be careful not to
turn it brown). Add in the rice n 2 whole cardamoms along with 2 cups water . Cook
till rice is done.
- In another pan or wok pour 2tbsp of ghee and add 2 powdered cardamoms to it .
Add the cooked rice . Slowly mix in the sugar and stir gently until the sugar dissolves
and the excess syrup evaporates.
- Dissolve saffron in milk and add to the sweet rice ( if using food color gently sprinkle
a little on the rice ).
- Finally mix in the quartered gulabjamuns n chopped nuts & stir for another min.
Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish with nuts and sliced gulabjamuns before serving .
Snow Ball Recipe
Serves – 4.
- 4 White bread slices
- 1/2 cup Milk (to soak bread)
- 1 cup Mango pulp
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Cool whip
- 4 Blueberry
- Make excellent gulab jamuns by watching video at manjulaskitchen.com
- Take 4 slices of white bread and cut the brown edges.
- Take small amount of milk in a plate, enough to soak the bread slices. Dip the bread in milk carefully and squeeze out the extra milk. Take the squeezed bread in a separate plate and place gulab jamun inside and wrap completely as shown in the picture below (gulab jamun should not be squeezed before putting inside soaked bread slice.)
- Making of mango cream: Mix mango pulp, sweetened condensed milk and cool whip in a separate vessel by spoon and refrigerate for 2 -3 hours.
- Take the desired amount of mango cream in a bowl (preferably ¼th part of prepared amount) and place the ball of jamun coated by bread in it. Decorate it with blue berry on top as shown in the picture.
- Decorate with almonds and pistachios if desired.
- Colored sugar can be sprinkled on top for vibrant look.