Coconut Burfi is made with coconut powder combined with a cardamom flavored sugar syrup. This is a scrumptious dessert or snack.Makes 24 to 30 pieces.
- 1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dry milk powder
- ½ cup coconut powder
- ½ cup grounded walnut
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Grease an 8-inch round or square plate and set aside.
- Boil the heavy cream on medium-high heat.
- After milk comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low-medium heat.
- Add the sugar and Stir so sugar is dissolve.
- Let it simmer six to seven minutes making sure to stir frequently. The milk syrup should heat until 230 degrees on candy thermometer or one thread.
- Add the milk powder and mix well. Stir for about two to three minutes on medium heat or until the mixture should start leaving the pan.
- Turn off the heat and add cardamom powder, coconut powder and ground walnut and mix well.
- Spread on a greased plate about 1/2 inch thick and let it cool for about an hour. Cut the burfis in square or diamond shapes, or any desired shape.
If sugar syrup heats to above 230 degrees, the burfi will be dry. If the syrup is not thick enough, the burfi will take longer to cook with dry milk powder, making the burfi chewy like taffy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!