Chocolate Pudding is a simple and delightful dessert. My son is on a vegan diet and one day he mentioned he was craving a dessert like a chocolate pudding or mousse. I think he was giving me a not-so-subtle hint that he wanted me to experiment with this! I decided to give a try and he was very happy with the results! Soon after that this became a favorite dessert with others in my family. It's funny because my family's favorites keep changing! This is a super simple and easy recipe to make. I can prepare this dessert on demand and with limited notice for my grandchildren, who love to request dishes last minute! This rich chocolatey dessert is vegan and gluten-free. Hope you enjoy!This recipe will serve 4
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato peeled and sliced
- ½ cup coconut milk full fat, chilled
- 4 Tbsp cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- Steam the sweet potato until soft.
- Drain the water and wash with cold water, and pat dry them.
- Place sweet potato, cacao, sugar, coconut milk, vanilla and cinnamon into blender and blend until smooth.
- Take out the Chocolate Pudding into a covered bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Serving Suggestions When it is fully blended, scoop the Pudding into the individual serving bowls and refrigerate for an hour. Remove the Pudding from the refrigerator after it has chilled. Serve the Pudding with your choice of topping. I like to garnish with sliced almonds. You may top with fresh fruit, or seeds. Also, chocolate pudding tastes great as a dip or spread. Suggested Recipes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!