Chilli Paneer is a popular Indo-Chinese dish. Chilli Paneer makes a spicy flavorful starter especially for many of my friends who enjoy the spicy food. Chilli Paneer can also be served as a side dish. This is absolutely delicious and easy to make.
- 6 oz paneer cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup bell pepper sliced, capsicum, Shimla mirch, I am using yellow and green bell pepper for color
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour plain flour, maida
- 2 Tbsp corn starch or arrow root powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil canola or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger shredded, adrak
- 1 Tbsp green chili chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1-1/2 tsp corn starch or arrow root powder
- 1/2 cup water
- I am using store bought paneer, texture is not very soft to give the paneer softer texture soak the paneer for at least 10 minutes in hot water with few drops of lemon juice.
- To make batter mix flour, corn starch, and salt in a bowl. Add the water slowly to make a smooth batter (batter should be consistency of pancake batter or dosa batter).
- Heat at least 1/2 inch of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Oil should be moderately hot.
- Dip the paneer into the batter, making sure it is completely covered by the batter. Then drop the paneer pieces slowly into oil in the frying pan. (do not overlap them)
- Fry the paneer in small batches. Fry them turning occasionally, until they are very light golden brown. Take them out over paper towel.
- Do same with bell pepper.
- For sauce heat the oil in sauce pan over medium heat; add ginger, and green chili stir for about one minutes. Add all the ingredients for sauce except corn starch, (soy sauce, vinegar, chili flakes, and tomato paste), Stir for 1 minutes. mix water and corn starch and add to the sauce. Cook for another two minutes, sauce should be thick consistency. Sauce gets thicker as it sits.
- Add paneer, and bell pepper into sauce and serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!