Looking for adding some pizzazz to your summer meal? Try this refreshing Chilled Melon Soup. It is easy to prepare and can be served as a starter or dessert. This is a light and elegant soup, perfect for summer.
Recipe will serve 4.
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe peeled seeded and cubed this will make 4 cups of cubed cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a blender puree ginger, mint leaves with half the melon. Add remaining melon, yogurt, sugar, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Blend until it is smooth.
- Refrigerate for best taste. Keep in freezer for about half an hour before serving.
Try any variety of melon in this recipe.
4 thoughts on “Chilled Melon Soup”
Hi ma’am! I am a big fan of yours! Thank you so much for publishing this awesome soup recipe. Though you’d published long back, but I found it today only. It’s a great one for the summers, and I am enjoying one currently as I am based in Australia. Thanks once again.
This soup turned out great and was very refreshing. I needed to use a whole cantaloupe to get 4 cups. Thanks for all your great recipes.
WOW. Nice and unique recipe. This year I am growing melons in our backyard. We started seeing few small melons. I will definitely try this recipe with our home grown melons.
I really want to thank you for posting such unique recipes.
Please visit us at desibidesi.com for more recipes.
This has been a very hot summer and your Melon Soup looks so refreshing. Thank you for sharing and for such great videos.
You must log in to post a comment.