Looking for adding some pizzazz to your summer meal? Try this refreshing Chilled Melon Soup. It is easy to prepare and can be served as a starter or dessert. This is a light and elegant soup, perfect for summer.
Recipe will serve 4.
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe peeled seeded and cubed this will make 4 cups of cubed cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a blender puree ginger, mint leaves with half the melon. Add remaining melon, yogurt, sugar, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Blend until it is smooth.
- Refrigerate for best taste. Keep in freezer for about half an hour before serving.
Try any variety of melon in this recipe.