Recipe submitted by Fency Clement
This is a yummy and healthy cauliflower crusted pizza, made with fresh ingredients and also egg-less. Pizza sauce and Indian cheese was made from scratch using fresh ingredients.
To Make Indian Cheese (Paneer)
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice(1/8 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Make ready your strainer lined with cheese cloth. Combine the milk, salt, and sugar in a pot. Bring it to boil it while stirring occasionally. When it reaches boiling temperature simmer it and add lemon juice little by little and stir lightly. After a minute or so, remove the pot from heat. The milk will start separating into curds and whey. Pour it to a strainer lined with cheese cloth and squeeze out water. Show it to cold running water, so that the lemony flavor will go and it will get cooled. Then press it tightly to reach the desired consistency.
To make homemade tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp + 2tsp olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped (mix with some salt and allowed to sit 10 minutes)
- 1 sprig oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped ½ cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 5 medium sized plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- salt, to taste, pepper, to taste all of your favourite spices, to taste* (if you want)
- Heat 3tbsp olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, then add the garlic and oregano and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not burn garlic.
- Add some chopped onion, diced pepper and grated carrot and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sauté for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper and add ½ cup water, bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid cooks out. (About 10-15 minutes). Add ½ tsp of lemon juice and switch of the heat.
- When there is still some liquid left in the pan, carefully purée the sauce using a blender or a food processor. Pass it through a strainer. Puree the solid again by adding 1 tbsp of water and again do the procedure.
- Now again heat a saucepan with 1tsp of oil and add this strained sauce and simmer. Add 1 tbsp of red chilli powder and continue simmering until desired consistency.
- And there you have it. Homemade pizza sauce so simple, yet so delicious, you’ll wonder why you never thought to cook some up before.
Cauliflower pizza crust
- 2 cups grains cauliflower.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5-6 leaves oregano
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup of cheese (paneer)
- Put cauliflower, garlic and oregano in food processor until cauliflower turns to grain size and cook it in microwave for 4 minutes uncovered.
- Mash ½ banana by hand and knead together with cauliflower mixture, ¼ cup paneer, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Preheat oven to 425 F .Prep a cookie sheet or pizza stone. You can grease the cookie sheet or use parchment paper. Since I don’t have any of it, I have used my baking tray, flipped it and covered with aluminum foil and spray some olive oil.
- Spread dough out evenly over pizza stone – about ¼ to ½ of an inch thick. The pizza should be about medium size and spray some oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden, crispy on the edges and cooked through the middle.
- Top with pizza sauce and toppings (oregano, onion, cucumber, tomato, mushroom). You can add toppings of your choice.Add the remaining ¼ cup of paneer and spread evenly on the pizza.
- Bake the pizza for 10 minutes or until the toppings are hot. Allow the pizza to cool for 10 minutes then cut and serve. This wont be a crispy pizza as it is an egg-less, but it will be soft. It is easy to cut with pizza slicer, but use a spatula to transfer it to plates.