Carrot and Moong Dal Salad is a healthy and nutritious salad with beautiful colors. This is a great salad and easy to make. This can be served as an afternoon snack or an appetizer.
This recipe will serve 4.
- 1/4 cup split moong dal (washed)
- 2 cup shredded carrots (gajar)
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (gola) I am using shredded frozen coconut
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped (hara dhania)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Wash moong dal changing water 4-5 times, and soak it for about 2-3 hours. After soaking Moong Dal will be double in volume. Drain the water.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, ginger, salt, black pepper and sugar to make dressing and set aside.
- In a sauce pan heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the cumin seeds as seeds crack add the moong dal.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring continuously. Don’t over cook that will make dal dry.
- Turns off the heat and remove the pan, let it cool for few minutes.
- Add carrots, cilantro and coconut mix it well.
- Add the cilantro and dressing to the carrot and moong dal, mix it well. Let it sit for about fifteen minutes before serving.
21 thoughts on “Carrot and Moong Dal Salad”
It’s an remarkable post in favor of all the internet users; they will obtain advantage from it I am
This recipe is really good! I tried it out today exactly as written and loved it! Thankyou for sharing!
Do we start with 1/4 cup dry moon dal, which becomes 1/2 cup when soaked?
Thomas, start with 1/4 cup dry moon dal, which becomes 1/2 cup when soaked
Thank you for this prompt reply.
And thank you for all your excellent videos. For years, you have been inspiring me to experiment.
Thomas, Thank you, you all my viewers are my inspiration.
I enhance the same salad by adding equal amounts of chopped cucumber and tomato, a little less of chopped beetroot. I add finely chopped fresh ginger, coriander leaves, some salt and some jaljeera powder. I stopped adding seasoning to this due to something that keeps me very busy. My laziness.
very tempting to see ,cook and eat….thanks…Hari om
Looks nice, simple and nutritious, but I have to ask would you serve it by itself or with breads and what other accompaniments?
I love it so sogood
Please note this is the correct email address and also can u please send me recipes which are good for weight loss and (type 2 diabities ) for me so that it will help me.
The carrot salad recipe tried it and excellent.
I have tried it nd it came good.. thanks a lot for the recipe. For beverages check foodsnearme.com/beverages
I made it! It tastes great! This is my first time to cook in about 15 years. Usually I just have tinned food and toast or maybe a fried egg [free-range]….Thanks Mandula!!
I made an adapted version of this dressing tonight using lime juice in place of the lemon juice. I added the dressing to a salad of shredded carrots with thinly sliced celery and cucumber. We garnished with toasted peanuts and some unsweetened coconut. It was very tasty. Now I’m looking forward to making your carrot and moong dal salad just like you’ve written here. I wanted you to know how your recipe inspired my adaptation. Thank you very much for your wonderful website and videos!
I tried carrot and moong dal salad recipe today…it was extremely yummy..my family loved it..thanks for such an innovative recipe.
Seems to look very tasty will check out.
You must log in to post a comment.