Cabbage With Peas (Bund Gobi And Mater)
Bund Gobi with Matar or Cabbage With Peas is a delicious main dish with mild spices, which is a nice compliment to any meal, simple and easy recipe to make.
Serves 3 to 4
Servings 4 people
- 4 cup cabbage (slice into fine long shreds, discard the stalk and thick stems)
- 1 ¼ cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Pinch asafetida (hing)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 2 green chili (Sliced in half lengthwise)
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (lal mirch)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (finely chopped, hara dhania)
Heat the oil on medium high in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready.
Add asafetida, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds after seeds crack add green peas and green chilies, stir for a few seconds.
Add the cabbage, turmeric, cayenne pepper, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
Cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes until the cabbage is tender. Occasionally stir it. Turn the heat off when done.
Next add the lemon and cilantro.