Cabbage With Peas (Bund Gobi And Mater)
Bund Gobi with Matar or Cabbage With Peas is a delicious main dish with mild spices, which is a nice compliment to any meal, simple and easy recipe to make.Serves 3 to 4
- 4 cup cabbage slice into fine long shreds, discard the stalk and thick stems
- 1 ¼ cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Pinch asafetida hing
- 1 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- ½ tsp mustard seeds rai
- 2 green chili Sliced in half lengthwise
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric haldi
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper lal mirch
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped, hara dhania
- Heat the oil on medium high in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready.
- Add asafetida, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds after seeds crack add green peas and green chilies, stir for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage, turmeric, cayenne pepper, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes until the cabbage is tender. Occasionally stir it. Turn the heat off when done.
- Next add the lemon and cilantro.
- Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!