Bread Potato Rolls
Bread with potato filling makes a mouthwatering snack. This is a perfect snack with afternoon tea or served as an appetizer. Bread Potato Rolls are crunchy outside, spicy and soft inside. Easy to prepare
- 4 slices bread slices, bread should be firm
- 2 medium potatoes boiled peeled and mashed will make about 1-1/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup green peas, boiled using frozen peas
- 1 tsp oil canola, vegetable
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red chili powder lal mirch
- 1/2 tsp mango powder amchoor
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped hara dhania
- 1 tbsp green chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- oil to fry
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the cumin seed. When the cumin seed starts to crack, add green peas, green chili, and ginger, and stir for a few seconds.Add the potatoes and all the spices (chili powder, mango powder, salt, cilantro) and stir-fry for a minute. Turn off the heat.Taste the mixture; it should be a little spicier than you like, as it will taste milder inside the bread. Set aside.
- Trim the edges of the bread slices and cut them into two pieces. Set aside. Roll 1½ tablespoons of the mixture at a time into an oval shape. Make twelve rolls. (The size of the potato rolls will depend on the size of the bread).
- Fill a small bowl with water to wet the bread. Dip one side of a slice of the bread lightly in the water. Place the slice between your palms and press, squeezing out the excess water. This makes the bread moist.
- Place the filling in the center of this bread and mold the bread to completely cover it all around, giving an oval shape. Repeat to make all the rolls. Before frying, let them sit for about five minutes. (This will evaporate some of the water from the bread so that it absorbs less oil while frying; also making the bread rolls crisper).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. Drop the rolls slowly into it, taking care not to overlap them.
- Fry the bread rolls until they are golden brown, turning occasionally. This should take about two to three minutes. Take them out over a paper towel.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!