This Bean Sprouts Salad Spring Roll recipe is Vietnamese cuisine inspired salad. I give credit to my very dear friend Anaya for this recipe and she in turn gives credit to her friend and food network. No matter what changes we make, this spring roll is tasty, healthy, very filling, very colorful, and easy to make. It has always been a very big hit whenever I have taken to potluck. Hope you all enjoy it. This versatile spring roll can be eaten with mint sauce or cilantro. I have used mint dressing in this recipe. I especially like this since it is not fried, tasty and a healthy salad which I like to skip a meal and eat this instead.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Chopping time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
(Additional time required for dressing preparation which will be mentioned below.)
Makes: 10 rolls.
- 3 Cups Bean sprouts
- 1 Cup Carrots (thin French cut)
- 1 Cup Beets (thin French cut)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Roasted peanuts (skin removed)
- 1 tsp Black sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Pepper powder (or to taste)
- 1 Green chili (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Lime juice (squeezed)
- 1 package Rice spring roll wrappers
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Mint (chopped)
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Ginger (shredded)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Jaggery
- 1/2 Cup Water (or more – to use in the blender)
- Mix everything in a blender.
- Adjust chilies and salt according to taste.
- Dilute more if desired.
- In a mixing bowl take 3 cups of bean sprouts and set aside.
- Cut carrots and beets into thin strips and add to bean sprouts. Chop cilantro and green chilies finely and add to the bowl.
- Dry roast 1/3 cup of peanuts without oil and mix it in.
- Add I tsp of black sesame oil, salt, pepper powder, lime juice and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Now take the rice paper wrapper (Available in all Chinese/Vietnamese grocery store) and follow the instructions on the wrapper to fold it.
- Divide the salad into 10 equal parts or stuff in a handful at a time.
- Most of the rice paper needs to be soaked in water for 2-3 minutes and put the stuffing in and roll it. Once put in water it becomes very soft and pliable.
- Tastes best when served immediately after the salad is wrapped.
- If planning to make for a party, make the stuffing ready and wrap it 30 minutes before or if wrapped at an earlier time, roll each wrap in saran wrap so that it does not stick to each other.
- Be innovative and add vegetables and nuts as per your taste.
- Serve on a fancy bowl or lettuce.