Recipe submitted by Hidemi Walsh
Basil Flavored Vegetable and Rice Casserole is simple but packed with lots of flavor.
- 2 cups Cooked White Long Grain Rice
- 1/4 Medium Onion
- 1/2 cup Diced Carrot
- 1/4 lb Green Beans
- 1/2lb Sweet Potato
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Soymilk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/4 cup Panko
- Mince onion.
- Peel sweet potato and dice.
- Cut green beans into half inch length.
- Make vegetable white sauce. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté onion over medium heat until tender. Then add sweet potatoes, carrot and green beans. Sauté for a couple of minutes. Then add dried basil. Stir well.
- Reduce heat and add all-purpose flour. Stir well to coat and then add soymilk little by little stirring constantly. Simmer until thickened stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put cooked rice into 8″ x 8″ casserole and pour the vegetable white sauce over the rice.
- Sprinkle panko on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15- 20 minutes or until browned.