Apple Crumb Pie
Apple Crumb Pie is simple, delicious, and easy to make. This dessert is perfect for fall and winter months. Hot apple crumb, topped with vanilla ice cream – my kind of a dessert, and popular with my family.Recipe will serve 4 to 6.
- 3 green Granny Smith Apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 Tbsp water
- ¾ cup oatmeal
- ¼ cup walnut crushed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat the oven 370 degree F.
- In a bowl mix oatmeal, walnut, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and butter. Set aside.
- Spread the sliced apple evenly in the 9-inch pie pan.
- Sprinkle the water evenly over the apple.
- Spread the oatmeal mix evenly over apple.
- Put the pie plate over the center rack of oven.
- Let it bake for 20 minutes.
- Take it out from oven. Tilt the pie plate a little and use a spoon to move some of the apple juice; put it over pie evenly.
- Put the pie plate again back in oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Putting the juice over the top of the pie keeps the crumbs moist and crunchy.
- Serve hot.
- Tastes great topped with scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Originally posted 2008-11-25 08:00:12.