Apple Coconut Barfi
Apple Coconut Barfi is a delicious treat. This fudge-like barfi super easy to make. It's also vegan and gluten-free. The fruity taste makes for a great sweet snack without the guilt!
- 3 cup apple peeled and shredded
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut I am using frozen coconut
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp crushed cardamom
- 1 Tbsp sliced pistachios for garnishing
- In a non-stick frying pan add coconut, apple, and sugar, cook over medium heat, until mixture start coming together and apples should be very tender. This should take about 7-10 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and walnut, mix it well cook stirring continually until mix should becomes consistency of soft dough, this should take about 2-3 minutes, turn of the heat.
- Pour the mixture into greased plate while Burfi mixture is still hot spread it evenly about 3/4-inch-thick in a square shape. Press the mixture with spatula to make it firm. Sprinkle the pistachios and lightly press.
- While Burfi is still warm cut them in about one inch square.
- Allow the Burfi to cool for about two hours to dry and hold its shape. Now you can remove the burfi from the plate.
Burfi can be stored for 2 weeks in air tight container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!