Apple Coconut Barfi
Apple Coconut Barfi is a delicious treat. This fudge-like barfi super easy to make. It's also vegan and gluten-free. The fruity taste makes for a great sweet snack without the guilt!
- 3 cup apple peeled and shredded
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut I am using frozen coconut
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp crushed cardamom
- 1 Tbsp sliced pistachios for garnishing
- In a non-stick frying pan add coconut, apple, and sugar, cook over medium heat, until mixture start coming together and apples should be very tender. This should take about 7-10 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and walnut, mix it well cook stirring continually until mix should becomes consistency of soft dough, this should take about 2-3 minutes, turn of the heat.
- Pour the mixture into greased plate while Burfi mixture is still hot spread it evenly about 3/4-inch-thick in a square shape. Press the mixture with spatula to make it firm. Sprinkle the pistachios and lightly press.
- While Burfi is still warm cut them in about one inch square.
- Allow the Burfi to cool for about two hours to dry and hold its shape. Now you can remove the burfi from the plate.
Burfi can be stored for 2 weeks in air tight container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
21 thoughts on “Apple Coconut Barfi”
Can I use dry coconut in the barfi?
yes that will work
Can jaggery be used instead of sugar?
Anupama, I have never tried if you try, please share
I loved your coconut Apple Barfi , I will try to make it with less sugar as apples are sweet & coconut is bit sweet as well. I did like your recipe of milk Barfi.
The burfi came out well but it too sweet. I used Washinton Apple.
Your recipe was such a hit! Our friends till date ask me if I am making them again ????
Thank you man!
Does this dessert firm up or does it stay sticky and soft
Gregory, it will be firm and little sticky
Janmashtami is coming, so will try this dish on this occasion. Let’s see how it tastes.
Wow, looking delicious. Apple Coconut Barfi is my favorite. I would try it for sure.
Loved it , thank u for sharing …
Manjula, your recipes are delicious. I have tried several of them, and we all love them. Thank you.
Theresa, thank you, it always feel good to hear that.
thank you for sharing this interesting recipe….
It was very good and delicious and gluten free receipe I like all your dishes and try to make it
Rasmi, thank you
What variety of apples did you use?
Anna, I used fuji apple, but I have tried with gala,McIntosh any one of them will as long they are not very tart link granny smith
You must log in to post a comment.