Recipe submitted by Shilpa
I’m excited to share with you a divinely delicious whole-wheat cake recipe. It’s my signature recipe for birthdays, holidays or dessert with western-twist. You’ll be charmed by the winsome nutty wholesomeness of this simple eggless cake. I urge you to bake the cake with your heart and enjoy the creation. After all, love is the most important ingredient that Moms put into their cooking. Treat yourself, your friends and family this holiday season with this delicious dish. Enjoy!
- 9 inches round cake pan & 20 oz. cup as measure
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 3/4 cup Golden Temple durum whole wheat flour
- 1/2 stick( 2 oz.) Trader Joe’s organic unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Turbinado raw cane sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon all vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a big bowl, combine carrots, sugar and melted butter.
- Pour the boiling water to this.
- In another bowl, mix all the other ingredients (chopped walnuts, pitted dates, whole wheat flour, nutmeg powder, sodium bicarbonate, salt & vanilla essence).
- Add the flour mixture to the carrot mixture. Mix together the dry & wet ingredients well.
- Pour this to a greased 9″ round cake pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Bake till a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Turn off the oven. Take it out. Let it cool for 4-5 hours.
- Invert the pan, cut into pieces. Enjoy!