Vegetable rice cutlets are great as an appetizer or snack for any get together. These cutlets are made with rice blended with mixed vegetables. This is an easy and quick recipe to make. Vegetable rice cutlets are crisp outside and soft inside. Try it!
Recipe will make 16 cutlets and will serve 4.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 small potato peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1 cup mixed vegetables cut into very small pieces (green beans, bell pepper and carrot)
- 2 teaspoon ginger chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, adjust to taste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Oil to fry
- Pat dry all the vegetables.
- Put all the ingredients in food processer and mix for about half a minutes. Mix should not become like paste and you should be able to see all the vegetables.
- Remove from the food processer, rice mix will be textured of chunky soft dough. Divide the mix into 16 pieces and roll them into flat patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. Drop the cutlets slowly into it, taking care not to overlap them.
- Fry the cutlets until they are golden brown, turning occasionally. This should take about 5 to 6 minutes. Take them out over a paper towel.
- For best taste serve them hot. Cutlets taste great with cilantro chutney.