Vanilla Panna Cotta with Mixed Berry Sauce is a delicious dessert that can complement any meal.
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (use fresh cream and not heavy whipping cream)
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey / Raw Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp China Grass / Agar Agar ( a vegetarian alternative to gelatin)
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Butter
- 1 cup Mixed Berries (I used a mix of raspberries, blueberries, tart cherries and blackberries)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Water
- To make the berry sauce, add mixed berries and 2 tbsp water in a pan and cook on low heat for around 10 minutes or till the berries break and a thick sauce forms.
- Mix the honey and keep aside to cool and then refrigerate. You can add a little bit of lemon juice too to the sauce when it cools down, but I did not add as the cherries were quite tart.
- Mix the cream and milk together and bring to a boil. Once the mixture starts boiling, remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and honey. Stir well so that the honey dissolves completely.
- Boil 3 tbsp water and soak the china grass in the water. Stir well so that it completely dissolves in the water.
- Use a strainer and add this mixture to milk and cream mixture. Stir well.
- Take 4 small ramekins and grease with a little butter. Pour the cream mixture in the ramekins and leave it aside to cool.
- Then refrigerate for at least 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator, loosen the edges a little with a knife and overturn on a serving plate.
- Drizzle with berry sauce on top and serve.