Til ki Burfi is healthy and easy way to make home-made treat.
Recipe will make 24 pieces.
- 1 cup heavy milk
- 1 cup milk powder
- 3/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Roast sesame seeds over medium heat till they are golden in color. This should take about 3-4 minutes. Keep aside.
- In a non-stick frying pan add heavy cream and milk powder mix it well. Cook over medium-high heat, stir continuously till the mixture starts to bubble.
- Lower the heat to medium and keep stirring and scraping the sides and bottom of the pan, until mixture is reduced to thick paste and starts coming together. This should take 8-10 minutes.
- Add roasted sesame seeds and mix well. Stir for another 2-3 minutes until mix start looking soft dough.
- Lower the heat to low and add sugar and cardamom powder and mix it well. This will become soft in texture after adding sugar.
- Keep stirring for 1-2 minutes and bring the burfi back to dough texture.
- Spread burfi mixture onto the greased plate, approximately ½ inch thick. Let it sit for at leadt two hours at room temperature. Cut burfis to desired shape; square or diamond shape works well.
The burfis will store well in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.