Stir-Fry Collard Green is a delicious nutrient-packed dish. This side dish compliment any meal.
This recipe will serve 4-6
- About 8 collard green leaves or 4 cups sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 4 whole red chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon shredded ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash each leaves of collard greens thoroughly.
- Collard greens have thick vein running in the center of the leaf. Make sure to cut the leaf from both sides of the vein.
- Bunch the leaves together, roll them tightly and cut them crosswise in thin strip.
- In a wide heavy pan heat the oil over medium heat. Add cumin seed. As seeds crack add red chilies and stir for a few seconds.
- Next add collard green, salt and ginger and increase the heat to medium high. Stir–fry for 3-4 minutes. When the leaves are tender, turn off the heat.
- Add black pepper and lemon juice over greens and stir. The collard greens are ready to serve.
- Serve them as a side dish.
- Garnish the plain rice with Stir Fry Collard Greens; this gives a nice color and texture to rice.
- Take a toasted bagel or slice of bread spread the cream cheese and garnish with stir-fry collard green to make an open face sandwich.
- I also like to use them in grilled cheese sandwich.