Stir-Fry Cabbage salad is a healthy mix of cabbage, carrots, beans and bell pepper, garnish with coconut. This color full crunchy salad is low in calories and very satisfying.
- 2 cups cabbage cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup carrots cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup red and green bell pepper cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup green beans cut in half lengthwise and then into pieces 1½” long
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 whole red peppers
- Few leaves of curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Heat the oil in frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add mustard seeds, and curry leaves. Add the red pepper as the seeds crack. (As you add the curry leaves it will splatter; be careful.) Add cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and beans. Stir-fry three to four minutes, until the vegetables are crisp but not overcooked.
- Turn off the heat, add salt, lemon juice and coconut, mix well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Replace the coconut with roasted crushed peanuts.