Spring Spinach and Strawberry Salad is a fresh, great salad that is perfect for spring time.
- 8 Ripe Strawberries sliced thinly
- 8oz. can of Pineapple chunks
- 1 Large Carrot shredded
- 4 Handfuls of cleaned Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1/3 cup of Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1/3 cup Pine nuts
Mixed Berry Vinaigrette – 8oz.
- 3/4 cup of Mixed Fresh or Frozen Berries
- Approx. 1/4 cup of juice from an 8oz. can of Pineapple chunks
- 2 tsp. Honey
- 4 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Using a food processor puree the berries with the pineapple juice, make sure there are no chunks before continuing. Then add the Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar and mix. Taste the mix and see if it is sweet enough, if not slowly add and mix the honey to your taste. Pour into a clean glass jar with a well fitting lid. It will keep in the fridge for about a month.
Make sure to peel the carrots and wash them before shredding. Wash the Strawberries and slice thinly, and wash and pat dry the Spinach leaves.
Add all your ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add a light coating of the Mixed Berry Vinaigrette and toss before serving.
Gorgonzola and Feta can be substituted for the Blue Cheese.