Spicy Corn (Tasty Snack)
Spicy Corn is a very enjoyable snack and not only that, but this is a quick and easy recipe to make. Make it as spicy or as mild as your heart desires. Best of all, you can also serve this as a side dish. Enjoy the spicy corn for a beautiful picnic or outdoor get together. You can also serve this over crisp slices of bread.
- 2 cup corn kernels (I am using frozen corn, you can use fresh)
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (roasted, bhuna jeera)
- 2 tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp green chili (finely chopped, adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup cream cheese (soft)
- ¼ cup feta cheese
Use the flat bottom-heavy frying pan, lightly oil it and heat over medium high heat, put the corn kernels and stir fry for 4-5 minutes stirring continuously. While stir frying kernels will be getting some light and some dark brown color, some of the kernels will pop like you are grilling.
Turn off the heat, and add salt, cumin seed powder, cilantro, green chili, red bell pepper, lemon juice, and cream cheese mix it well. Sprinkle feta cheese.
Spicy corn taste best when it is served warm but can be served at room temperature.