Spicy corn Patties makes a healthy and delicious snack. They are also vegan and gluten free. This is a quick and easy recipe.
Make 10 patties
- 2 cups corn frozen
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 chopped green chili adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Thaw the corn in hot water and drain. Blend the corn texture will be creamy and coarse. I like to use food processor.
- Add all the ingredients to corn, corn meal, rice flour, chili, cilantro, ginger, lemon juice, cumin seeds, and salt, and mix it well. Mixture should be consistency of thick batter. Add little water if needed.
- Heat a heavy non stick skillet on medium heat and greased the skillet generously.
- Drop about 2 spoons of batter to make four to five patties into the skillet and flatten with greased back of the spoon lightly, making the patties about 1/4 inch thick and two to three inch circle.
- Cook for about two minutes until bottom turns golden brown. Flip over and cook from other side both side of the patties should be cook until golden brown.
- Serve them hot or at room temperature they taste delicious.
28 thoughts on “Spicy Corn Patties – Fritters”
Very nice ! I think corn meal is makka daliya.
Maybe I did something wrong… But mine came out gummy and horrible. ????
Valima, may be you did not roast the corn enough.
I love ur recipes and have tried few of them as well. This is intresting n yummy recipe. I want to try this but what can i substitute for corn meal?
I think corn meal is makki ka atta.
Rashmi, corn meal and makki ka atta are different. Corn meal is coarse and makki ka atta is very fine.
Is cornmeal corn starch?
Daxa, corn meal and corn starch are different
Thank u so much for u delicious recipes..
It’s a very different test item good
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease about 3 yrs ago. Trying to figure out what to eat I stumbled upon your website and your gluten free recipes have been a real life saver.
I am going try these fritters this weekend .
Thank you very much
Thank you! I love your videos. I’ve learned so much from watching them. Are there particular dishes or condiments you would recommend to have with this dish?
Julianna, any dipping sauce will work I like hari cilantro chutney https://manjulaskitchen.com/2007/02/04/cilantro-chutney/. mint chutney or tamarind chutney https://manjulaskitchen.com/2007/06/29/tamarind-chutney/
these two chutney I use with almost every thing I need condiment
What is corn meal?
What can be substituted for cornmeal?
Receipe is yummmy but mam can you please let me know regarding corn meal. Where we get it. Waiting for your reply.
Manjula….can u please post the pic of corn meal
Hi , Aunti g do you have any recipe for rice laddo. If you have it will be great for me because dr advised me for gluten free diet .so help how can I make pinni from rice flour .thanks
Hi Aunty, I love visiting your website and I love your recipes too… I am planning to make these corn fritters.. I have a doubt. Is corn meal same as corn flour or is it something else? Waiting for your reply…..
they both are different
Dear manjula ji
What can i use as substitute of corn meal?
Would love to try this reciepe as well…
Looks Delicious …..Must try 🙂
This recipe is just amazing yar. Just by looking itself am imagining the taste of it. If i taste it my gosh!!!. Loved the recipe manju . You will always make wonders with your hands . I will try this out for sure. Corn is good for health too…. 🙂
Wonderful recipe. Thank you for sharing. Wondering what is a good substitute for this dish?
Wonderful recipe. Thank you for sharing. Wondering what is a good substitute for cornmeal in this dish?
Nice and yummy, spicy corn patties recipe
You must log in to post a comment.