I am frequently asked about cooking with a pressure cooker. Pressure cookers are convenient and can save you a lot of time in the kitchen! Lentils and dry beans are cooked much quicker with a pressure cooker.
However, if you are not using a pressure cooker, here are some pointers:
1. Soak the lentil and dry beans for few hours before cooking. They will cook quicker.
2. Add salt after lentil or dry beans are cooked.
3. When you are cooking lentils, white cloudy foam will form as they are coming to a boil. Add one tablespoon of oil to the water. This will help to break up some of the foam. Also to prevent the foam from spilling out, use a larger pot to cook. Also remove the foam from the top as it is building.
4. After the beans come to a boil, reduce the heat to medium.
5. If you have a slow cooker, you can use it for cooking lentil and dry beans.
I know rasgullas can be made without a pressure cooker, but I feel most comfortable making them with a pressure cooker.
Please do keep the questions coming and I will try my best to answer them!