Panna is a mango drink, also known as amras or amjhora. This is made with green cooking mangoes. Panna is a very popular drink for hot summer days. Raw mango pulp with black salt, sugar, and mint has a very cooling effect against hot and dry wind.
Recipe will serve 8.
- 1 raw green cooking mango or 3 cups peeled and sliced
- About 1 cup sugar adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 11/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon dry roasted cumin seed powder
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Some fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Peel the mango and slice them in large pieces and remove the seed.
- Boil the mango slices in about 2 cups of water till the mango slices are cooked well. It should take about 15 minutes.
- After mango cools off, mix all the ingredients with the mango. Add sugar and salt slowly by adjusting to the taste.
- Blend the mango mix and make a puree.
- Strain the mango puree and add about 5 glasses of 8 oz cups of water. Panna should be consistence of orange juice.
- Serve over the ice and put the fresh mint leave to garnish.
- Enjoy it!
- Depends on the mango you may have to adjust the sugar and salt.
- Before adding the water can be refrigerated for a week.
Panna also can be served as a punch.
10 thoughts on “Panna (Green Mango Drink)”
I has tried it in June and it was really delicious, but now i will add masala which you have described and well i hope it tastes more good.
My daughter is fond of your recipes and has made them a part of her daily cooking. Thanks for your delicious tips.
you have any recipe that i can bake.i dont want fry.
Served it today, made from freshly plucked mangoes from our tree. All my friends enjoyed it very much, specially as the day was hot. Thansfor the recipe.
simply delicious aunty..my husband loves it..enjoying and thanking u everytime we drink this:))
wanted to know If I can store it longer than a week as other drink (like sharbat) ?
i like ur recipes..so easy and delicious..thank you
Going to try this soon, thanks for such a sweet and tangy recipe.
this is really good. Thanks a lot
This looks like an awesome drink to relish on a hot summer day. thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much!! Panna saved my life in Jaipur during the heat. Thank you for giving the recipe and instructions.
You must log in to post a comment.