Panna is a mango drink, also known as amras or amjhora. This is made with green cooking mangoes. Panna is a very popular drink for hot summer days. Raw mango pulp with black salt, sugar, and mint has a very cooling effect against hot and dry wind.
Recipe will serve 8.
- 1 raw green cooking mango or 3 cups peeled and sliced
- About 1 cup sugar adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 11/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon dry roasted cumin seed powder
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Some fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Peel the mango and slice them in large pieces and remove the seed.
- Boil the mango slices in about 2 cups of water till the mango slices are cooked well. It should take about 15 minutes.
- After mango cools off, mix all the ingredients with the mango. Add sugar and salt slowly by adjusting to the taste.
- Blend the mango mix and make a puree.
- Strain the mango puree and add about 5 glasses of 8 oz cups of water. Panna should be consistence of orange juice.
- Serve over the ice and put the fresh mint leave to garnish.
- Enjoy it!
- Depends on the mango you may have to adjust the sugar and salt.
- Before adding the water can be refrigerated for a week.
Panna also can be served as a punch.