Paneer Pulao, Vegetable Pulav, Rice with Indian Cottage Cheese Pulao
Paneer Pulao is an exotic rice dish, super easy to make and tastes delicious. This is a great side dish for get-togethers. Paneer Pulao goes well with yogurt or soup. This is also a satisfying lunch box meal.
Recipe will serve 4.
- 1 cup rice (preferred basmati rice)
- 1 cup paneer (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup green peas (using frozen peas)
- 1/2 cup carrots (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup corn (using frozen corn)
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp ginger paste (adrak)
- 1 Tbsp green chili (cut in small pieces)
- 1 tsp salt (namak)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped (hara dhania)
- 2 cup water
Wash rice gently changing water 2-3 times.
For fluffier rice, the rice should be soaked for at least 15 minutes prior to cooking.
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Oil should be moderately hot. Add the cumin seeds. When they crack, add curry leaves, ginger, and green chili, stir for few seconds.
Add green peas, carrots, and corn, stir and add paneer, and salt stir for about one minute, add the rice and water. Increase the heat to high and bring it to boil. Turn the heat to low and cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and water has evaporated.
Turn off the heat add cilantro, and garam masala and fluff the pulao with a fork. Cover the pan for few minutes before serving.