Paneer Pasanda is a delicacy consisting of stuffed paneer with rich creamy gravy. Paneer Pasanda is a delicious and perfect dish for formal get-togethers or when you simply want to indulge yourself. This is the ultimate Paneer dish.
- 8 oz Paneer (9 thin slices of paneer, they are about 1x3 inch of slices, I am using store bought paneer)
- 2 Tbsp fresh shredded coconut (I am using frozen shredded coconut)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (finely chopped, hara dhania)
- 2 tsp green chili (finely chopped, adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup corn starch (or arrowroot power)
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp oil to shallow fry
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (about 3 medium size tomatoes)
- 1 Tbsp ginger (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/8 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup cashew powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or cream)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (chopped, hara dhania)
Mash one of the paneer piece, and mix it well with coconut, salt, cilantro, and green chili.
Spread this mixture on 4 paneer slices and cover them with remaining 4 slices. Cut them inti two, and press it lightly. Set aside.
Mix corn starch in 2-3 tablespoons of water to make a thick batter.
Heat the flat frying pan with about 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. When oil is moderately hot dip the stuffed paneer pieces one at a time, gently dip in the batter and put in the frying pan, leaving some space in between. Shallow fried the paneer until they are light golden brown, from both sides.
Take them out over paper towel, to drain the extra oil. Set aside.
Blend tomatoes, ginger, coriander powder to fine paste, and strain the tomato mix. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a sauce pan on medium heat. When the oil is moderately hot add cumin seeds. (Cumin seeds should crack right of way). Lower the heat too low, add asafetida, turmeric, chili powder and cashew powder stir for a minute.
Add tomato paste cook for 3-4 minutes stirring till tomato start leaving the side of the pan. Add salt and cream and about half cup of water. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add cilantro and garam masala stir and turn off the heat. Gravy should be pouring consistency.
Pour the gravy over Paneer Pasanda.