Paneer Kheer with Strawberry is a delightful dessert. This Paneer and strawberry dessert is a sure winner especially when you want to serve a unique paneer delicacy.
Recipe will serve 6.
- 2-1/4 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cup shredded paneer
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (arrowroot)
Strawberry Topping for Garnishing
- 1 cup chopped strawberry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (arrowroot)
- Few drops of lemon juice
- In a small bowl mix the corn starch with 1/4 cup of milk and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan boil 2 cups of milk over medium high heat. Wet inside of the pan with water and put about 2 tablespoons of water before pouring the milk in a pan this prevents the burning of the milk in bottom of the pan. Stir the milk occasionally.
- After milk comes to boil reduce the heat to medium and let it boil for about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the corn starch and mix it well, there should no lumps, after milk comes to boil let it boil for additional 2-3 minutes
- Add the sugar and shredded paneer stir and let it boil for 4-5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Paneer Kheer should have consistency of a thick batter. This should be chilled before serving.
- In a small bowl mix corn starch with about 1 tablespoons of water and set aside.
- In a small pan cook strawberry and sugar together mix it and let it come to boil. Add corn starch; mix it well after it comes to boil turn off the heat. Strawberry topping is ready. This also should be chilled before using.
In an individual serving bowl put about ¼ cup Paneer Kheer and top it with strawberry.
You can serve this just as Paneer Kheer, while cooking don’t use corn starch and don’t garnish with strawberries. To flavor the Kheer add 1/8 teaspoon of cardamom powder and few sliced of almonds and or pistachios. Serve chilled.