Paneer Jalfrezi basically is an Indian style stir-fry dish which tastes delicious and looks beautiful. This is also a popular restaurant dish. Paneer Jalfrezi is a quick and easy recipe to make. Serve Paneer Jalfrezi with paratha, naan, or plain rice.
This recipe will serve 3.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
- About 1 cup paneer cut in long strips about 1/4”
- About 1 cup bell pepper cut in long strips about 1/4” – capsicum (I am using different color bell pepper for color)
- About 1 cup carrots cut in long strips
- About 1 cup green beans cut into about 1” pieces
- 1 tomato medium size cut into byte size pieces
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds, kalonji
- 1 tablespoon ginger thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon green chili chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- About 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro chopped
Paneer jalfrezi vegetables should not be very soft, to taste best vegetables should be little crisp. Vegetables are added in steps as all the vegetables take different time in cooking.
- Heat the oil in frying pan over medium high heat. Oil should be moderately hot, add cumin seeds, and nigella as the seeds crack, add carrots, beans and salt. Stir-fry three to four minutes.
- Add bell pepper, ginger, green chili, turmeric, and red chili powder, stir fry for two to three minutes. Add paneer and tomatoes stir gently cook until all the vegetables are tender.
- Add garam masala and cilantro stir gently everything is mixed well. vegetables should be crisp, do not overcook.
- Turn off the heat.