Paneer Burfi is great to serve with tea or coffee, or as a dessert with any meal.
Makes about 25 pieces.
- Paneer with 1/2 gallon or 8 cups of milk
- 2 slices of white bread
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 green cardamoms coarsely grounded
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon of butter to grease the baking pan
- Check the recipe for paneer and make the paneer with whole milk or 4% milk.
- Pre heat the oven on 275 degrees.
- Grease the 8″ by 8″ baking pan keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all side of bread.
- In food processor put the bread and make breadcrumb add paneer and sugar mix it well now add cardamom and half the sliced almonds and mix just for few seconds.
- Mixture should be moist, if it appears to be dry add 2-3 spoons of milk.
- Put the mix in baking dish spread evenly and spread rest of the almonds evenly. Cover with the foil.
- Burfee should take about 30 minutes but check after about 20 minutes like you will check the cake putting the knife. Knife should come out clean. After burfee is ready leave it cover for about fifteen minutes so burfee remain moist with the steam.
- After paneer burfee comes to the room temperature cut them into your desired size and shapes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut powder in the mixture while mix is still in food processor.
- You can flavor the burfee with saffron adding about 6 strand of saffron in the mixture.
- Saffron will give nice color and add to the taste.