Paneer bhurji is a delightful and spicy paneer dish. Paneer bhurji is a quick and easy recipe to make, made from crumbled paneer simmered in spicy tomato gravy. Paneer bhurji tastes great with roti, paratha, or even with regular bread! This is also makes a good stuffing for dosas or vegetable Frankie rolls.
Recipe will serve 2.
- 1 cup paneer cut in small pieces
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas, I am using frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Soak the paneer in hot water with 1/4 teaspoon of salt for five minutes. Drain the water and crumbled the paneer. This process will make the paneer soft, if you are using the fresh paneer skip this step. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in sauce pan over medium heat; after oil is moderately hot add cumin seeds.
- After the seeds crack add green peas, and green chili stir for about one minute. Add tomatoes, coriander, salt, sugar and red chili powder, stir and mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes till the tomatoes and peas becomes soft.
- Add paneer stir and cook for 1-2 minutes. Don’t cook the paneer for a long time as paneer will lose the softness. If it is too dry add few spoons of water. Lastly add chopped coriander leaves to paneer bhurji and mix.
- Serve paneer bhurji with rotis, plain parathas or with a toast.
Notes, if you are using the paneer bhurji for stuffing then don’t the water, bhurji should be dry in texture.