Instant Oat dosa is an easy recipe that is perfect for busy families. Sometimes you want to make something that is easy and hassle free and of course healthy. Oat dosas are instant dosas and make a great breakfast or any time snack. This gluten-free dish is made with oats, rice flour, yogurt, and a few spices. I am also adding cabbage and carrots for texture. This will definitely be a staple in my house.
This recipe will serve 2.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup yogurt whipped
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely shredded
- 1/3 cup cabbage shredded
- 1/3 cup carrot shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ENO
- 1-1/2 tablespoons oil
- Grind oats to make fine powder. Add all the dry ingredients except ENO rice flour, asafetida, salt, and cumin seeds mix it well. Notes: ENO is added just before making dosa.
- Add yogurt mix, add water as needed to make batter consistency of dosa or pancake mix. Set aside for about fifteen minutes.
- Add green chilies, cilantro, cabbage and carrots mix it well.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Grease the skillet lightly. Test by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. The water should sizzle right away.
- In a small bowl take about ½ cup of batter and add ¼ teaspoon of ENO mix it well batter will become little frothy.
- Pour the batter mixture into the skillet and spread evenly with the back of a spoon, about seven inches in diameter.
- When the batter begins to dry, gently spread one teaspoon of oil over it. Wait about 30 seconds, then flip the dosa using a flat spatula.
- Press the dosa lightly with the spatula all around to assure even cooking, turning two to three times. Dosa should be golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat for the remaining dosas.
- Serve oat dosa with your choice of chutney, I like with tomato chutney.