Moong Dal Ladoo
Moong Dal Ladoos are traditional Indian festive sweets. Ladoos are made with different roasted flours or lentils, ghee and sugar. You will find ladooes for every celebration.
- 1 cup moong dal washed
- 3/4 cup fine sugar
- 1/4 cup ghee clarified butter
- 2 Tbsp almonds crushed
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder ilachi
- In a heavy bottom frying pan, roast moong dal over medium low heat. Keep stir-frying till its light brown in color and becomes aromatic. Make sure cook on low heat otherwise dal will not be toasted inside. This will take about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer into a plate and let it cool to the room temperature.
- Once the dal comes to room temperature, grind it to a fine powder.
- In a bowl mix roasted dal powder, sugar, cardamom powder and crushed almonds. All the ingredients should be mix well. Keep aside.
- Melt the ghee, ghee should be warm, pour the warm ghee over dal mixture and mix it well. Take 2 tablespoons of mix in your palm and make them into balls. If the laddu is not holding shape, add more about 1 tablespoon of melted warm ghee and mix well. Make laddus with rest of the mixture.
- Store in an airtight container. The laddus will stay good for about two weeks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!