Masala Popcorn, Spicy Popcorn, Indian Style
Masala Popcorn is spicy and flavorful. Enjoy masala popcorn while watching a movie or your favorite TV show.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pack microwave popcorn (about 3 ounce pack plain)
- 3 Tbsp oil (canola, or vegetable)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (dhania)
- 1/4 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 2 Tbsp green chili (finely chopped )
- 12 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp sugar
Make the popcorn using the instruction over popcorn bag. Keep aside.
Heat a large frying pan over low heat, put all the ingredients except popcorn, oil, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, asafetida, green chili, curry leaves, salt, and sugar.
Keep stirring till green chili and curry leaves are dry this should take about 2 minutes. Add the popcorn stir till popcorns are coated with spices. Turn off the heat.