Mango Lassi is a soothing cold drink for hot summer days or to brighten up any meal. This pale drink is a blend of mango and yogurt. A popular drink in Indian restaurants.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 3 people
- 2 cups ripe mangoes peeled and chopped
- 1 cup yogurt (curd, dahi)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp sugar adjust to taste
- 1/8 tsp cardamom (ilachi)
- 1 tbsp mint chopped (optional)
- 3 cup crushed ice or ice cubes,(use as needed)
Blend yogurt, mango, and 2 tablespoons sugar and taste before adding more sugar. How much sugar is used depends on the sweetness of the mango and the yogurt.
Add and cardamom powder and blend. If it is too thick, add some water to desired consistency. Pour into a tall glass and garnish with mint leaves. ice and cardamom powder and blend again.