This delicious Kale and Tofu salad with apple wedges, cranberries and ginger dressing will compliment any meal. This salad is nutritious, tasty and full of flavor.
This recipe will serve 2.
- 2 cups Kale stalks removed and leaves thinly sliced
- Approx. 5oz firm tofu in small cubes, pat dry, this will make about 1 cup
- 1/2 apple thin sliced makes about 1/2 cup of sliced apple
- 1/2 cup cucumber cubed in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons dry cranberry
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds toasted
- 1-1/2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pet dry the tofu well, heat ½ tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a small frying pan and stir fry cubed tofu until it is light brown. Let it sit until tofu is at room temperature before adding to the salad.
- For dressing! In a small bowl add remaining oil, ginger juice, lemon juice, black pepper, salt and sugar, mix it well.
- In a bowl add the kale, and pour the dressing over kale rub until the kale starts to soften. It will take about 1-2 minute. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, kale is nicely marinated.
- In a salad bowl add kale, tofu, apple, cucumber and cranberries toss it well.
- Add the sliced almonds for a nice crunch.
You will sure enjoy this kale salad for a light and healthy side dish.