Hara bhara kabab is a popular tasty treat in Indian restaurants. This spicy delicious snack is deep fried made with spinach and potatoes flavored with spice mix. Hara bhara kabab is crispy outside and soft inside. Hara Bhara Kebabs are absolutely delicious and looks like cutlets.
Preparation time 20 minute
Cooking time 30 minutes
Recipe will 20 kababs and will serve 4.
- 6 cup spinach finely chopped, (do remove all the stems)
- 1-1/2 cup potatoes boiled, peeled and shredded
- 2 teaspoons oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 2 tablespoons green chili finely chopped
- Also need oil to fry
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Oil should be moderately hot add cumin seeds. After the cumin seeds crack, add the spinach.
- Stir-fry, making sure to press the spinach down so the water can evaporate. Cook the spinach until most of the water has evaporated. Spinach still should be moist not dry.
- After spinach is at room temperature, add to the potatoes with all other ingredients, ginger, cilantro, green chilies, salt, and corn starch. Mix will be the consistency of soft dough.
- Divided the mix to 20 equal parts and roll them into oval shapes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. The frying pan should have about 1 inch of oil. To check if the oil is ready, put small piece of the mix in oil. It should sizzle and come up slowly. If oil is very hot kababs will not cook through and will not be crispy.
- Fry the kababs in small batches. Fry kababs until golden-brown all around, this should take about 6-7 minutes.
- Serve them hot with sweet and sour tamarind chutney.