Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad is nutritious, tasty and full of flavor. This salad is made with a combination of vegetables and pasta. These are then tossed with a homemade dressing. Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad will make a very enjoyable lunch box meal.
This recipe will serve 4.
- 3/4 cup elbow pasta,
- 2 cups bell pepper cut to the bite size – use different color bell pepper of your choice
- 2 cups zucchini with skin on cut to the bite size
- 2 cups tomatoes cut to the bite size
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Set aside.
- For dressing mix all the dressing ingredients oil, vinegar and seasonings in small bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Add the oil in a frying pan with a spatula spread the oil to coat the frying pan. Notes: wide bottom frying pan works the best. Add the zucchini and bell peppers, sprinkle the salt.
- Turn the heat to high and grilled the vegetable moving the around slowly until they are nice brown color looking like grilled. This should take 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook just for a minutes stirring continuously. Tomatoes should not be soft. Toss the pasta with vegetables.
- Transfer salad into the bowl. Add the dressing and toss the salad making sure all the vegetables and pasta are coated.
- Let salad sit for about fifteen minutes before serving.
- You can also refrigerate this salad for a day.
- Grilled vegetable pasta salad makes a nice lunch box meal.
You may also like tomato soup.