Green Chili Pickle
Green Chili Pickle is a delightful way to spice up any meal. Indian meals are generally served with a variety of condiments, of which pickles are the most common. This is a rather hot and spicy pickle, not for the timid palate by any means.
- 20 chilies green Serrano chili peppers you may use different chilies
- 3 tbsp coriander dhania
- 1-1/2 tbsp fennel seeds saunf
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds mathi
- 1 tsp mustard seeds rai
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mango powder amchoor
- 1/2 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbcp oil, preferred mustard oil
- Wash and dry the chilies and cut a vertical lengthwise slit in each one.
- Combine coriander, fennel, and fenugreek seeds. Grind coarsely. Add salt, mango powder, and turmeric to the ground spices. Mix well.
- Heat oil until quite hot, and pour over the dry ingredient mixture. Mix well.
- Add vinegar and mix well, again.
- Stuff the spice mix into the green peppers and place in a glass jar.
- Let the jar sit two days at room temperature or one day in direct sunlight.Pickle is ready to serve.Chili Pickle will keep in the refrigerator up to one month.
Variation As an alternative to stuffing the chilies, you can slice them into 1/8“pieces and mix them in with the spice mixture. Tip For a milder pickle, remove the pepper seeds prior to stuffing with spices
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!