Fruit Chaat, Indian Fruit Salad
- 2 oranges skin removed and sliced in ½ inch each segment
- 1 apple peeled and cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 1 firm banana sliced into approximately ¼ inch rounds
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup English or Asian cucumber cubed into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 green chili finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the fruit and cucumber with the green chili and cilantro. Toss and set aside.
Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, making sure the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour the dressing over the fruit when ready to serve.
I have used many different varieties of fruits in this chaat dish; however, I always keep the oranges and bananas, as they add a lot of color and texture to the dish.