Falooda is best described as a dessert beverage which is really corn vermicelli. This is a delicious combination of layered Falooda with milk, sweet basil and vanilla ice-cream. I like to serve this with mango. This can be an any-time snack! Falooda is popular with Mumbai road side vendors. This chilled beverage-dessert is the perfect way to cool off in the summer heat.
- 2-1/2 Cup milk
- 3 Tbsp sugar divided
- 1 Cup fresh mango pulp
- 2 Tbsp sweet basil seed tukmaria, sabza
- 1 oz packet of falooda falooda ia a corn vermicelli
- 6 scoops vanilla ice-cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mangos for garnishing
- Boil the milk with 2 tablespoons of sugar for about 15 minutes after milk comes to boil or until till it reduces to about 1-1/2 cup. After milk cool off refrigerate, milk should be chill.
- Cook the falooda in boiling water, till they are soft! Strain, and chopped them in few pieces and keep aside to cool. Then refrigerator till needed, and it is chilled.
- Add about 2 table spoons of sugar to mango pulp or as needed depends on sweetness of mango. Refrigerate the mango pulp and chopped mango, till you are ready to use.
- soak the basil seeds/ tukmaria in a bowl in about ¼ cup of water making sure seeds are completely submerge. They will soon start to swell and look transparent. Strain and keep aside in a small bowl.
- Milk and falooda should be refrigerated till you are ready to use, you can prepare them in advance as they can be refrigerated for 3-4 days.
- Time to assemble the falooda, it is layered beverage-desert, take a tall glass first put 2-3 tablespoons of mango pulp, few spoons of falooda, about 2 spoons of baisel seeds, pour about ¼ cup of milk, about 1or 2 scoops of ice-cream, again some falooda and garnish with chopped mango.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!