Date and Raisin chutney! This exotic sweet and sour chutney is mildly spiced, this will compliment any meal. This recipe is quick and easy to make.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 inch Ginger sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed roasted powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder adjust to taste
- 2 black cardamom
- Approx. 3/4 cup water
- Soak the raisins for about half an hour.
- Slice the dates in 8 pieces.
- Remove the shell from cardamom and crush the seeds.
- In a sauce pan combine the water with tamarind, sugar, salt, black pepper, red chili powder, cumin powder, and cardamom Bbring to boil and let it simmer on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add dates, raisins, and ginger, bring to boil and turn off the heat.
- Let it sit for about an hour before serving.
- Chutney is served at room temperature and can be refrigerated for a month.