This colorful veggie wrap is my favorite lunch box item. One bite of it and your kids will crave for more. It tastes the same whether it’s served hot or cold. It does not contain any chilies. The tomato sauce used in this recipe may be replaced by pudina (mint) chutney. The cream cheese is optional. Alternatively, the cream cheese may be replaced with mayonnaise or hung curd. In order to obtain tri-color phulkas (Flat Indian Bread), doughs are used from the Carrot Paratha, Ajwain Paratha and Palak (Spinach) Paratha recipes. However, normal wheat dough too can be used.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Number of Servings: 2
Equipment and Utensils:
- Nonstick pan
- Nonstick flat tava (griddle)
- Flat wooden spoon
- 4 Phulkas (Flat Indian Bread)
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels
- 4 medium sized Mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Cabbage finely shredded
- 1 small Carrot finely shredded
- 2 small cubes Cheese grated or crumbled
- 4 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Cream Cheese or Veg Mayonnaise or Hung Curd
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- Keep 4 phulkas ready without applying any fat over them.
- Put 1 teaspoon olive oil in a nonstick pan and keep it on medium flame.
- When oil is hot, add cut mushrooms and corn.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Then saute till mushrooms are cooked.
- Mixture should become completely dry, so cook till all water evaporates.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Now to assemble the wrap, keep one phulka in a dish.
- Apply the spread of your choice (cream cheese in this case).
- Spread it evenly all over the phulka.
- Now add 1 to 2 tablespoon of mushroom and corn mixture in the central part.
- On that put cabbage and carrot. Sprinkle some salt and paper on it.
- Now put ¾ tablespoon cheese and spread it vertically.
- Add tomato sauce on the pile.
- Fold from both sides and the wrap is ready to serve.
- Keep this as it is if you want to take it in a lunch box.
- If you want it hot then apply some ghee or butter on tava.
- Assemble the wrap on the tava and keep it on slow flame for 2 minutes.
- This will make the wrap hot and crispy.
- The above ingredients are sufficient for 4 wraps.
Total Calories: 872.35 Kcal
Fat: 39.22 gm
Protein: 28.78 gm
Carbohydrates: 98.44 gm
Folic acid: 17.34 ug
Fiber: 5.03 gm
Calcium: 297.2 mg
Niacin: 6.93 mg
Note: Calories are counted using plain wheat phulkas.