This is a great recipe to satisfy your and your kid’s sweet tooth. Your family and guests will appreciate a dessert tray filled with chocolate brownies. These brownies are very moist and have a deep chocolate flavor.
Recipe will make 16 brownies.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (maida, plain flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F/180c. Grease the 8×8-baking pan.
- Mix the tofu until it is smooth.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the oil, cocoa powder and sugar until its well blended. Then stir in the mixed tofu and vanilla.
- Add the flour mix and once its well-mixed, then fold-in walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan evenly and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes. Place the pan on the middle oven tray.
- Once the brownies are baked, let them cool to room temperature before cutting the brownies into squares. Cutting too early will make the brownies to crumble.
- Replace the walnuts with chocolate chips
- Serve with scoop of ice cream