Chickpea and spinach spread also known as Hummus. This healthy and delicious spread also can be served as dip.
Recipe will make 16 oz
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans, kabule chana,)
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds (til)
- 1 cup spinach leaves all the stems removed
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 serrano green chili chopped adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain the liquid from can of chickpeas, wash them well and drain the water.
- In a food processor all the ingredients except oil, blend it to make smooth paste.
- Add oil and mix it again. Chickpea spread is ready.
- Chickpea and Spinach Spread can be served with grilled pita bread, crackers, chips, or with fresh veggies. You can also serve this as chutney.