Chai Tea Latte
Don’t have time to stop at your favorite coffee shop for some Chai Latte? Let’s try making my delicious and easy to prepare Chai Tea Latte at home instead! It's a great way to start off your morning!
- 1 cup water
- 2 black tea bags I am using Lipton tea bags
- 4 whole cloves laung
- 4 black peppers kali mirch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder dal cheeni
- 1 tsp grated ginger adrak
- 2 crushed cardamom ilachi
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup chai tea recipe above
- 1-1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
For the chai tea
- In a medium saucepan, bring all the chai ingredient to boil over medium high heat, water, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, sugar, and teabags. Once boiling, let it boil for 1 minute, turn off the heat, cover the pot and let it sit for about five minutes. Remove the tea bags and strain the tea through a fine mesh strainer.
For the latte
- In a medium-size saucepan, note: (I boil the milk in microwave ovebring the milk, sugar, and pinch of cinnamon to a boil Using an immersion blender (this is the trick to a frothy homemade latte), blend the milk until it's frothy.
- Pour 1/2 cup of chai tea in a mug. Slowly add half of the warm, frothy milk to the tea. Sprinkle the top of the chai latte with an extra pinch of cinnamon, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!