Carrot Pickle (Gajar Ka Achar)
Gajar ka achar (Carrot Pickle) is a tasty condiment to serve with sandwiches or with any meal.
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp mustard seeds coarsely ground
- 1 tsp chili powder adjust to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ⅛ tsp asafetida
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp mustard oil or olive oil
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin 2” slices (should be about two cups).
- Wrap the sliced carrots in a dry towel, removing any excess water.
- Mix all the ingredients together with the carrots and put in a glass jar. Set the jar in the sun for a day.
- Pickle is ready the next day. Pickle can be refrigerated for about two weeks.
- Add sliced green chili, sliced the long way.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!