This healthy and refreshing colorful salad can brighten up any meal. Perfect for summer brunch or served with any meal.
- 2 cups of very finely chopped cabbage
- 2 medium seeded and finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 shredded carrot
- 10 minced mint leaves
- 1/4 cup yellow chana dal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Soak the chana dal for at least 2 hours in lukewarm water.
- When ready, the dal should be soft all around.
- Drain the water from chana dal.
- Mix the chana dal with the chopped vegetables.
- Mix the ingredients above together to make the salad dressing.
- Mix the salad and dressing together and let sit for about a half hour so the salad is nicely marinated.
- Substitute chana dal with split yellow moong dal or moong dal sprouts.
- You can substitute the dal with boiled corn and finely chopped bell pepper.
- This salad dressing can be used with any salad.
- Take out the vinegar and use this dressing with fresh fruit, adding chopped mint leaves.