Cabbage Chana Dal Salad
Cabbage Chana Dal Salad is a healthy and refreshing colorful salad can brighten up any meal. Perfect for summer brunch or served with any meal.Serves 4.
- 2 cup cabbage very finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- 10 mint leaves minced
- ¼ cup yellow chana dal
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Soak the chana dal for at least 2 hours in lukewarm water.
- When ready, the dal should be soft all around.
- Drain the water from chana dal.
- Mix the chana dal with the chopped vegetables.
- Mix the ingredients above together to make the salad dressing.
- Mix the salad and dressing together and let sit for about a half hour so the salad is nicely marinated.
- Substitute chana dal with split yellow moong dal or moong dal sprouts.
- You can substitute the dal with boiled corn and finely chopped bell pepper.
- This salad dressing can be used with any salad.
- Take out the vinegar and use this dressing with fresh fruit, adding chopped mint leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Originally posted 2008-05-12 02:17:01.