Black-eyed pea salad is colorful and delicious, with ginger dressing for a nice tangy flavor. It works well for a quick light lunch. Black-eyed pea salads are easy to make.
- 1 15 oz can of black-eyed peas (lobhia)
- 1 medium russet boiled potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes (about double the size of blacked eyed peas)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (about double the size of blacked eyed peas)
- 2 medium seeded and finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 green chili seeded and chopped (hari mirch)
- About 1 teaspoon thinly sliced fresh ginger (adrack)
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped mint (podina)
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 1 tablespoon oil
for Salad Dressing:
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted ground cumin seed
- Drain and wash the black-eyed peas.
- Heat the oil on medium high heat. Add black-eyed peas, and potatoes. Stir-fry for two minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it come to room temperature.
- Mix black-eyed peas with the chopped potatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers, and herbs.
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together.
- Mix the salad and dressing and let the salad marinate ten minutes before serving.