Besan PaaraBesan Paara are crunchy and spicy. Besan Paara makes a great snack. Serve anytime.
- 1 cup all purpose flour plain flour, maida
- 1 cup besan gram flour
- 2 tbsp fine sooji samolina
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1-1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili flake
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds ajwain
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 1/2 cup water use as needed
- oil to fry
- Mix flour, semolina (sooji), gram flour (besan), salt, carom seeds, asafetida, chili flakes, and oil, together.
- Add water as needed to make firm but smooth dough. Cover with damp cloth and set aside at least for ten minutes.
- Knead the dough for another minute and divide into four equal parts.Take each part of the dough and make a flat ball shape.
- Roll them thin into about 9-inch circles. Prick them with a fork all over the rolled dough, the Paree do not puff when frying.
- Cut each of the rolled dough into about half inch wide and 3 inch long pieces. Note: you can cut them in your desire shape.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. The frying pan should have at least 1 inch of oil. To check if the oil is ready, put a small piece of dough in the oil. The dough should make the oil sizzle and come up slowly.
- Make sure to place just enough Paara so you can turn them over easily when frying. Fry the Paara until both sides are light golden-brown.
- After Besan Paara come to room temperature they should become crisp.
NotesTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!